Updated Friday April 1, 2016 by Terry L Johnson, Jr.
- Playing field will consist of no more than 9 Players.
- Game score is kept by the Home team in the official scorebook, especially in playoffs.
- Teams may start or finish with eight players.
- Win/Lose does apply.
- A regulation game is 2 hour or at least 6 innings whichever comes first.
- There will be a maximum of 6 innings per game
- No new inning can start after 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Umpire is to call the Start time and when Game is finished. Must write down time on Lineup Card of Home team.
- Games cannot be protested except for illegal players.
- Innings are 3 outs.
- Will Occupy the 3rd base Dugout
- Is responsible for chalking the base lines and doing any field prep that is needed prior to the start of the game and hanging trash bags in dugouts.
- Must Supply 2 Game ball
- Will keep Track of Runs Scored on Official Tee Ball Score Sheet and signed by Head umpire.
- Will Occupy the 1st Base Dugout
- Prior to start and at the end of game, make sure that all areas around the field is clean of trash, water bottles, etc in dugouts and common area.
- Must supply 1 Game ball.
- Lineup cards are due fifteen (15) minutes prior to Game time.
- Must include last and first name and uniform number of players.
- Once a lineup is turned in, it cannot be changed. If a coach knows a player is going to be late to a game, He must add the player last to the lineup. All players on roster must be on lineup card.
- After second inning umpire must be notified which players are not present. Players arriving after the beginning of the third inning will not be allowed to play.
- Line-up Cards have to be on Official lineup card and submitted to the Umpire
- Any changes or additions must go through the Home Plate Umpire and then to the official Score Keeper.
- Home Team must supply a coach, parent to keep track of the score in official scorebook especially in playoffs.
- Only certified and fingerprinted coaches and team parents are allowed in the dugout and/or field. At no time should there be more than one manager, two coaches and a team parent.
- Team Parent or Coach Must be in the Dugout at all times.
- Only Team Coach, Registered Players that are signed up through Oakland Babe Ruth may be in the dugout and on the field.
- Parent Volunteers that are assisting during practice, but have not been added to the Coaching staff may not help during game times.
- Coaches must have appropriate attire (team related gear) and coaches card on hand (no street clothes)
- Umpires have the final call on the field.
- No lead offs are permitted.
- Runners may advance once the ball has crossed home plate.
- All batters and base runners must wear helmets.
- All helmets are to be left on until player reaches the dugout. If Player takes off helmet prior to reaching the dugout. Umpires will give the team a warning.
- After warning of taking off helmet, team will be given an out.
- Throwing of Bat: Umpires will Warn Head Coach of thrown bat. Second warning, batters out, return runners to position
- Ten seconds to get batter in the box.
- A runner can only steal home if it is a pass ball to the catcher or pitcher.
- A runner can also steal home if he never stops his/her forward progress towards home or if the catcher/pitcher makes a play at him/her
- Example on forward progress: The runner walks towards home after the ball crosses the plate, the catcher never looked at the runner & throws the ball back to pitcher, as long as the runner never stop walking towards home he/her has the right to steal home.
- Only nine Players can be on the field at any one time, including a catcher.
- Each player present must play a minimum of two innings defensively or one at bat and one inning defensively.
- A maximum of six (6) innings can be played time permitting.
- Pitchers can pitch no more than two innings in any one game and four innings in two consecutive games. They can also pitch six innings in one week.
- A pitcher that throws one pitch will be considered to have pitched one inning and will only be eligible to pitch another innings
- Base Length is 60 Feet between bases
- The Pitching mound shall be approximately 46’ Feet from the Point of Home Plate.
- Three (3) outfielders: Left, Center, Right.
- Five (5) infielders: Pitcher, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Shortstop, plus a Catcher.
Coaches Code of Conduct
- Only the Head Coach can speak to the Umpire regarding a call.
- All Assistants must relay any questions or concerns through the Head Coach.
- Only the Coaches that are certified and fingerprinted with babe Ruth may be on the field
- Any Coach that is tossed from a game for arguing, disrupting play or control of time will be asked leave the field
- If Suspended/Tossed by any umpire, for any conduct; the League Board/Player Agent will determine the appropriate disciplinary action.
- Any Coach that is tossed more than once from a game could lose their right to coach for the remainder of the season.
- Any Spectator or coach that is abusive to any coach, umpire, player or League rep. Will be asked to leave the facility and may be banned from future events.
- Playoffs will be random selections out of the hat drawn on the Monday before start date.
- Playoff Bracket will be double elimination
- There will be a $50 playoff fee per team, (fee should cover umpire and trophies or medals)